Tank Warfare: El Guettar
In the middle of March 1943, the 1st Ranger Battalion captured El Guettar oasis, meeting almost no resistance. Italian forces defending the oasis retreated and took up positions in the nearby hills. On March 20, the Rangers along with the 1st ID attacked them, captured more than 500 prisoners and a large number of ammunition and equipment. Units of 16 and 18 IR, 1st ID took positions in the mountains, east of the oasis, blocking Highway 15 leading to Gabes. The forces of 601 and 899 TD battalions were located in the second echelon, front to the highway. Artillery of the division took positions along the Keddab ridge. The German command transferred the most combat-effective 10 TD, which had more than 100 tanks and armored personnel carriers, and rapidly prepared a counter-offensive plan to capture El Guettar.
- Two operations of 7 turns for each of the parties (El Guettar, March 23, 1943).
- Precisely recreated area of over 200 sq. km: ridges and mountains, semi-desert with harsh terrain, marshes and extensive gullies.
- Historical organizational structure of units at the time of the offensive.
To activate the game, you need a Steam Account
Login or register at the official
Steam Website and download Steam client
- Install and start application, login with your Account name and Password
- Click the Games Menu.
- Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process
- After the successful code verification, go to the "MY GAMES" tab and start downloading.