The game that defined the survival-horror genre is back! Check out the remastered HD version of Resident Evil.
In 1998 a special forces team is sent to investigate some bizarre murders on the outskirts of Raccoon City. Upon arriving they are attacked by a pack of blood-thirsty dogs and are forced to take cover in a nearby mansion. But the scent of death hangs heavy in the air. Supplies are scarce as they struggle to stay alive.
- More detailed graphics that retain the horror.
- The environments come alive with detail thanks to resolution upgrades and non-static 3D models.
- Post-processing effects like Bloom filters, which were not easy to do at the time of the original release, have been added to make the HD graphics even more realistic.
- High-Resolution Environments - We've increased the resolution of the background environments by recreating them with a mix of high-res static images, plus animated 3D models.
- Widescreen (16:9) is supported, so players can experience a greater sense of immersion.
- In widescreen mode, the screen will scroll. The parts of the screen that get cut off on the top and bottom will scroll into view automatically depending on the character's position.
- You can switch the display mode during gameplay in real time.
Sound & New Controls
- High-Quality Sound - The audio has been remastered to increase the sampling rate, and of course 5.1ch output is also now supported.
- New Controls
- You can play using the original control scheme or an alternate control scheme that lets you just push the analog stick to move in the direction you want to go.
- You can switch the control scheme during gameplay in real time.
©CAPCOM CO., LTD. 1996, 2014 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
OS: Windows® 7 SP1 / Windows® 8.1
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, AMD Athlon™ X2 2.8 GHz, or better
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX260, ATI Radeon HD 6790, or better
Storage: 20 GB available space
Directx: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Sound card: DirectSound compatible (must support DirectX 9.0c or higher)
Additional notes: Some high end integrated graphics chips and modern laptop class discrete GPUs may work but have not been tested, nor are they officially supported by Capcom.